The Popularity Of Shopping At Aldi And Lidl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get the obsession tbh, Went to Aldi the other week trying to save pennys instead of the usual Asda shop,
Aldi is a tiny shop doesnt stock half the stuff so still end up going to Asda and spending more money than if i just did Asda in the first place.

Seems to be no stigma, quite rightly, attached to shopping at these places any more, when did this change? If your mam went to Netto when I was at school in the 90's you were branded a right gypo family.
As soon as I started paying for the weekly shop was when I started giving absolutely no fuck where I got my stuff from.

Dont get the obsession tbh, Went to Aldi the other week trying to save pennys instead of the usual Asda shop,
Aldi is a tiny shop doesnt stock half the stuff so still end up going to Asda and spending more money than if i just did Asda in the first place.
What could you not get?

Out of interest, what doesn't it stock? I like that they're small, makes getting in/out quick.

Out of interest, what doesn't it stock? I like that they're small, makes getting in/out quick.
Washing detergents, It had the powder but im not using that, They had no sliced chicken either for sandwiches just chicken legs, The Ham was prices more than double of ASDA and this is just off the top of my head.

Washing detergents, It had the powder but im not using that, They had no sliced chicken either for sandwiches just chicken legs, The Ham was prices more than double of ASDA and this is just off the top of my head.

They sell liquid too.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/about-ald...ge/ps/p/almat-super-concentrated-liquid-wash/

They sell sliced chicken.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/aldi...plebys_sliced_cooked_chicken_breast_150g.html

Ham is cheap as chips too. I think you're getting mixed up like.

Netto was essentially crap as it only stocked half of what you needed

Aldi and Lidl are great and have done a wonderful job shaking up the rip off big boys, who we can see now were running a mild cartel

Seems to be no stigma, quite rightly, attached to shopping at these places any more, when did this change? If your mam went to Netto when I was at school in the 90's you were branded a right gypo family.

Lidl started getting higher quality goods in store, and even snobs couldn't ignore the bargains.

Handy the way you can do your grocery shop and pick up an impromptu socket set, a shower curtain and some thermal pants all in one store.

Got an Aldi just outside camp down here. I've saved a fortune on booze.

2.20-2.60 for four cans of Galereux, it's class. Perlenbacher's not bad either.

I used to hide in the back of my Dad's car whilst Mam and Dad went into Job Lot at Herrington, just in case anyone saw me!

Think nowt pf shopping in Aldi or Lidl, even pick up stuff in B&M and Home Bargains now too.

Ower much of a fanny on for me to save 50p. Would rather gan to the empty big 4 supermarket and get it ower and done with cos I hate shopping. Usually gan 6am Sarrada when the cheapos ain't open anyway.

Its a kick in the nuts for the big fellas and that is right on and cool,some canny single women get in as well,i like to put some weird italian deli stuff or whatever in my trolley to look sophisticated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back