What's the one greatest sound you have ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sound of WRC Rally car going past me full pelt then the shout of " Ayah ya bastard" when you get showered with the rocks it kicks up at ya.

Not quite as emotive as some of the responses but:

The crackling sound of when you poor a drink into a glass full of ice.

The sound of biting into a ripe green granny smith apple.

The sound of a thunderstorm and rain hitting the window, whilst stuck in doors against a crackling log fire.

The sound of wind blowing across a corn (similar) field.

To be fair dont think you can beat the sound of waves...although i've not had a child yet.

One of them has got to be

The sound of rain on a tent when you're lying all warm and dry and it's pissing down outside

or

The sound of a fast jet going past low level at full pelt...

Maybe not the "greatest" but one that often gets to me is on 11/11 the first chime of Big Ben at 11AM.

Good shout, or similarly after a minutes silence (not only the sound of the silence) but the clap / cheer afterwards is always pretty good.

Not quite as emotive as some of the responses but:

The crackling sound of when you poor a drink into a glass full of ice.

The sound of biting into a ripe green granny smith apple.

The sound of a thunderstorm and rain hitting the window, whilst stuck in doors against a crackling log fire.

The sound of wind blowing across a corn (similar) field.

To be fair dont think you can beat the sound of waves...although i've not had a child yet.
Yes, love this one, I experienced this staying in a small cabin up Grizedale;), I had made a monster fire anarl:cool:

Was out walking in Cumbria late at night when three apache helicopters in triangle formation flew rit ower me heed, about 200ft of the floor tops. Looked and sounded class.

The first laugh from my eldest daughter at a few months old , it was like topping up your soul.

A 3 year old kid giggling uncontrollably for ages at my greyhound & then he said "look mam, its skinny!"

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back