How long until fans turn on Poyet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

He deserves fuck all stick today, that Brown fuck up was horrendous

As we're consistently about the 6th or 7th best supported club in the country why do you think our natural level would be any lower than it already is, assuming that's what you think would happen?

I dont assume anything, certainly not that numbers through the turnstiles equals a clubs size or level. Since we came back up the club who have been pulling in the nearest to us financially were Fulham. In their tiny not fit for purpose stadium. We could always build a 150,000 stadium and let everyone in for 20p. Footfall is irrelevant if the feets hands arent spending.

I dont assume anything, certainly not that numbers through the turnstiles equals a clubs size or level. Since we came back up the club who have been pulling in the nearest to us financially were Fulham. In their tiny not fit for purpose stadium. We could always build a 150,000 stadium and let everyone in for 20p. Footfall is irrelevant if the feets hands arent spending.
When I reread your post it looked like you think we don't spend enough to keep up.

I just think we are about 10 places too low for our status really.

If numbers through the turnstiles don't indicate a club's true level what does? The size of the owner's bank balance? Should that be right?

It's not a recipe for success, but has proven to be a recipe for avoiding disaster.
It's a recipe for the mundane, the main reason we buy players that don't push the club on, we spend all our cash rebuilding and replacing the last managers sqaud, it's playing keep up, we can't keep replacing half a dozen players each season, three or four tops should be all we need.

When I reread your post it looked like you think we don't spend enough to keep up.

I just think we are about 10 places too low for our status really.

If numbers through the turnstiles don't indicate a club's true level what does? The size of the owner's bank balance? Should that be right?

Charging people SAFC prices wont raise enough money to compete in the top eight or so consistently..

We are ran like wigan these days. As we wont invest anymore the only option short has every year is a quick fix sack the manager and try get a bounce

Its what he will do again, only i suspect gus will walk first, fella looks ill to me

Poor subs today today

So predictable today when he brought Altidore on that he was going to move Wickham to the left. I'm all for sticking to a particular system if it works, but his lack of ideas is what worries me most.

No we arent. We will eventually find our natural level which is the way football should be. We're guilty of financial doping ala Chelsea, City, Fulham etc. Unfortunately not to the same extent.
What we've spent this season is just about our natural level

Gus will walk before he is sacked: can see it coming, massive fuck up today; not looking good :(

Why are people obsessed with turning Points per games into the godfather of footballing statistics.

We stayed up and went to Wembley last season which is now done with and doesn't ever count ever again.

When O’Neill left he had 31 points from his last 31 games

When Bruce left he had 21 points from his last 27 games

Poyet has 22 points from his last 23 games.

Another 3 games without a win and the fans will start to turn imo. Hopefully Short will have learnt that hiring and firing makes little difference in the long term, and instead of spending on changing managers he should make money available for better players.
I dont like the director of football model, i cant think of a time it has ever worked at any level in England, however having seen Buckley and Bridcutt, I wouldnt trust Gus to pick a footballer, because those two are f***ing useless. To then compound the fact by subbing Johnson instead of Buckley leaves me to believe the only option is to sack Poyet unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back