How long until fans turn on Poyet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen any improvement from Poyets team this season. The answer is no. I am in 2 minds about whether he should go or not. What happened last season was the great escape and we all knew it, but what was done in the summer break to ensure another great escape was not required. Not a lot really. His signings have not come good.

The telling factor for me yesterday was the apathy in crowd at the end. some boos some clapping but the most were just walking away shaking their heads. Most wondering if we were in the bottom 3 yet.
I am looking for a leader on the pitch and some character from the players. I just cant see it. Yet for the most these are not bad players, not great but not bad.
There seems to be no momentum, no urge to get forward and play crisp passing football, yet that is what Poyet is meant to be about.

He had the opportunity in the summer to correct the squad to what he wanted and he failed. He spent too much time hoping to sign Borini which he failed to do.

People are guessing about the financial aspect, we dont know if that is the case or not but it is the managers job to get the players playing with spirit and he is not doing that.

his assistant last year just sat slumped in his chair what type of attitude is that to show the players, my guess is that is the lead the players are taking.

Next 3 games are crucial. Palace away, Everton at home and Leicester away.

Palace will be tough but I reckon we'll get a draw, Everton haven't been great so we should be going for the win and then Leicester we should hopefully win that. After those games we've got:

(h) Chelsea
(h) Man City
(a) Liverpool

So, to state the obvious, we need points badly in the next 3 games.

Well if we fail to win any if the next three and then get hammered by the big boys it will start to look tricky, but to be honest I expected 0-1 points from our last two games so I'm not sure what all the sturm und drang is for at this stage...

When you buy players of Bridcutt and Buckleys ilk you're asking for trouble.

Sorry but it you base your side on Championship players there is only one way you are going........and it aint pushing for Europe.If thats all we can afford the so be it , but then he spends 10million on a stiff that aint up to it either:cry::cry::cry:

When O’Neill left he had 31 points from his last 31 games

When Bruce left he had 21 points from his last 27 games

Poyet has 22 points from his last 23 games.

Another 3 games without a win and the fans will start to turn imo. Hopefully Short will have learnt that hiring and firing makes little difference in the long term, and instead of spending on changing managers he should make money available for better players.

One already has turned on him. I was never convinced from the start.

Let's change the manager, brilliant idea.

It's worked so well in the past.

Yet in some ways it has worked very well. When MON came in we went on a great run, when PDC came in we improved enough to get over the line and the same with Gus last season. It could easily be argued that had we not made those three managerial changes we would have been relegated each time.

Not the way to run a club but to say it hasnt worked in a limited short time fashion would be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back