Laudrup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if his mandate is to a) establish us as a top ten side or b) get us back in the premier league.

My choices for each scenario:
a) Poyet
b) Allerdyce

I would take the manager who has the best eye for talent...whoever that might be..

Ki wasn't a fan of Laudrup....I have no point with that..

Haway man, have you not watched us regularly? We have no plan or direction and its painful to watch us. I don't want to see change after change, but that isn't a good enough reason alone, when everything else points towards him not being the right man for us.

I can't see much point in changing anything till the summer now, I accept that. But then he can go and I also think he wouldn't care one bit if that did happen.

I can't argue with the fact its been turgid at times this season, but I dont think its purely down to Poyet.

I'm not saying there aren't reasons to criticize him. What I think is pathetic is the idea that "anybody" would be better. He is grinding out enough to keep us up, so there's no way Short will fire him.

If we looked absolutely doomed, dead and buried, I'd agree its worth the risk but not now. Especially when even the better replacement options are dubious at best. Laudrup was fired by Swansea because he was taking them down and was unpopular with the players......sounds a great choice.

Spoilt brats. We've had 4 wins all season man.

And we're on course for survival.....it's not pretty but one day it might sink in that not every problem is solved by simply firing the manager.

All it does is satiate the baying loons who demand someone is punished because they're upset.

If we looked gone it'd be a fair point to say get someone else, but that's not the case at all.

And we're on course for survival.....it's not pretty but one day it might sink in that not every problem is solved by simply firing the manager.

All it does is satiate the baying loons who demand someone is punished because they're upset.

If we looked gone it'd be a fair point to say get someone else, but that's not the case at all.
Have you watched our team this season ? Do you pay good money to watch this shower of shit ?

Have you watched our team this season ? Do you pay good money to watch this shower of shit ?

Yes, we have been largely poor while chalking up enough points to have never been in the bottom three.

I'm not sure why people think a change of manager will instantly fix a problem we've had for 4 years.

It's also weird to see people demand we sack a manager who aspires not to play boring football (he has said as much on numerous occasions) and advocate hiring managers who have always played Boeing football because its "effective".

A quick glance around the suggestions for replacements in here makes me happy none of our supporters have any say in what happens.

I don't think it matters at the minute who the manager is. Until we're in a position where we aren't spending 15 million on 6-8 players we aren't going to make any progress.

Yes, we have been largely poor while chalking up enough points to have never been in the bottom three.

I'm not sure why people think a change of manager will instantly fix a problem we've had for 4 years.

It's also weird to see people demand we sack a manager who aspires not to play boring football (he has said as much on numerous occasions) and advocate hiring managers who have always played Boeing football because its "effective".

A quick glance around the suggestions for replacements in here makes me happy none of our supporters have any say in what happens.
My point being that if we stay up Poyet needs to go. His brand of football will result in people staying away in their droves. He has shown several times recently that he is clueless, stop defending him, he is no good for our club and his future lies elsewhere.

Last edited:
My point being that if we stay up Poyet needs to go. His brand of football will result in people staying away in their droves. He has shown several times recently that he is clueless, stop defending him, he is no good for our club and his future lies elsewhere.

Presently we have bigger crowds week after week than we have had under any manager since the Reid era.

This board doesn't represent the majority, he was sung for loudly at Man Utd and the crowd at Hull were right behind the team second half.

There is no evidence for what you claim beyond a few people on here who moan daily.

His style of play will change when he has better footballers to work with. I don't understand why people can't grasp that when he pretty much tells us every week.

Presently we have bigger crowds week after week than we have had under any manager since the Reid era.

This board doesn't represent the majority, he was sung for loudly at Man Utd and the crowd at Hull were right behind the team second half.

There is no evidence for what you claim beyond a few people on here who moan daily.

His style of play will change when he has better footballers to work with. I don't understand why people can't grasp that when he pretty much tells us every week.
Okay, the fact that we have bigger crowds is not down to Gus Poyet but more to do with good pr within the club. This board doesn't represent the majority, of course not, but in the main the people on here who go to the trouble to post, have the club's interests at heart. Their opinion is very relevant.
The fact that his name is sung at away games means nothing. It's hip at the moment to sing his name especially when pished and young.
I have noticed many older posters like myself say this is bad. I for one, will not follow this team if he is in charge next season. He is clueless and his signings are a joke. You cannot trust this bloke in charge of signings or the first team and no matter what he bleats, no one joins this club without his say so.
The brand of football Sunderland AFC serve up right now is a disgrace.

Okay, the fact that we have bigger crowds is not down to Gus Poyet but more to do with good pr within the club.

More unsubstantiated rubbish. High ticket sales are due to the fact he turned an absolute disaster into our most exciting season in years with a cup final and a dramatic escape from the drop.

Have a nice time shopping on weekends next year.

More unsubstantiated rubbish. High ticket sales are due to the fact he turned an absolute disaster into our most exciting season in years with a cup final and a dramatic escape from the drop.

Have a nice time shopping on weekends next year.
You live in cloud cuckoo land mate. High ticket sales are feck all to do with this manager or what we were lucky enough to achieve last season. Your comment about shopping underlines your lack of intelligence.
I've followed us for 50 years but I will not go if this idiot is in charge next season. Everyone has to call it a day sometime, Gus Poyet and his lack of football acumen will accentuate mine.
Sunderland till I die, but we must get rid of this joker.

You live in cloud cuckoo land mate. High ticket sales are feck all to do with this manager or what we were lucky enough to achieve last season. Your comment about shopping underlines your lack of intelligence.
I've followed us for 50 years but I will not go if this idiot is in charge next season. Everyone has to call it a day sometime, Gus Poyet and his lack of football acumen will accentuate mine.
Sunderland till I die, but we must get rid of this joker.
Sunderland till I die? But you won't follow them if Gus is still on next year..

love laudrup national hero, legend the works. But he aint a figther, hes a lover.. cant see him and us doing well together... it will end in tears and even worse if he had us in the championship i would really be affraid. I trust Gus more then Laudrup as a manager.

Laud rip is on about 1500009986533578975335680642246 pounds per season where he is

I'm 75% sure we'll need a new gaffer next season like, I can see Gus walking away after keeping us up and blame Congerton and Short for the pickle we again found ourselves in, his reputation more or less still in tact. Who comes in after that? Not a clue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back