New day, new migrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we deal with ISIS and make Syria a place people don't want to leave?

We would need to launch a full scale invasion and occupation of Syria, defeating both ISIS and the Assad government.

Our armed forces might be capable of an initial invasion but they certainly wouldn't be be able to hold the territory and make it safe. We'd have to introduce conscription and send our best and brightest to serve over there for years to come. And if course the invasion and occupation would probably create a lot more death and suffering than it could ever hope to prevent.

Plenty of Young Syrians that could be trained and do the job. They need work.

We would need to launch a full scale invasion and occupation of Syria, defeating both ISIS and the Assad government.

Our armed forces might be capable of an initial invasion but they certainly wouldn't be be able to hold the territory and make it safe. We'd have to introduce conscription and send our best and brightest to serve over there for years to come. And if course the invasion and occupation would probably create a lot more death and suffering than it could ever hope to prevent.
Why attack Assad? Seems we got rid of Saddam and made a mess, we got rid of Gadaffi we made a mess wouldnt the same happen?

Why attack Assad? Seems we got rid of Saddam and made a mess, we got rid of Gadaffi we made a mess wouldnt the same happen?

Because the objective is to bring peace and stability to Syria to make it a place people don't want to flee from.

If we attack ISIS in Syria we will necessarily become engaged in a war with tge Syrian government, because we would have invaded Syria.

I'll consider myself f***ing warped when I start posting pictures of dead toddlers to prove a point.
Or when I start paying thousands and risking my children's lives.

I consider your comments the product of a warped individual. To contort your thoughts into posting such vile stuff you have posted on this thread is sad to see.

Because the objective is to bring peace and stability to Syria to make it a place people don't want to flee from.
They werent fleeing in these numbers when Assad had a grip wouldnt it just make things worse? Ive no answer mate just asking the question? Id support an attack on Isis it needs wiping out though no doubt wed fuck it up as usual.

History has shown those place tend to need an utter bastard ruling with an iron fist. Trying to force our ways and ideals on them just doesn't work. We're all different.
Theres a video on You tube i think its Denmark's special forces in Afghanistan, the reporter asks them why they dont get attacked and the officer said because we rule here and they are more scared of us than we are of them its the only thing they respect.

People keep using that as a stick.
Their disgusting parents put that kid on a rickety f***ing boat to escape exactly what they'll bring to us. Stoneage misery.
Why the fuck is it ok to post pictures of dead kids now, yet you'll be murdered for drawing a picture of the very thing that caused it.
If that was the case then I would say that it would be Ok to use the image for shock value. The truth is the childs PARENTS put him in a dodgy boat to escape from a HOLIDAY RESORT in a SAFE country. Why did they do that?

If we attack Assad, then we also attack his allies - Russia and Iran.

If we go into a ground war against ISIS, then we're up against Saudi, Qatar and UAE. (Hypocritically, they've committed to token involvement in the air campaign, yet continue to channel funding to ISIS.)

In any attack on Assad and ISIS, our main allies are the Kurds, who are currently being bombed by our NATO ally, Turkey.

Theres a video on You tube i think its Denmark's special forces in Afghanistan, the reporter asks them why they dont get attacked and the officer said because we rule here and they are more scared of us than we are of them its the only thing they respect.

Deep divisions within the religion and the different sects hate each other. They don't want and can't adapt to Western standards so why we try to keep forcing them on them I don't know. The Arab Spring was always going to be an unmitigated disaster.

It's supply and demand that decide the pay. My point is cut the supply of labour and people who live here will get a better rate of pay at the lower end.

As for benefits, they need reform.

Yes in camps until their homeland is safe to return to.

Would the stagnation in pay have nothing to do with an economic recession? What about working tax credits, do they not keep wages pinned also? A flow of migration is not just a dilution of the labour market, it is an increase in the amount of consumers, an increase in consumption is an increase in demand therefore the supply has to be upped which is going to create more jobs surely?

Do you fear much of the UK will be paved over to accommodate our expansion?

In camps, with numbers on their wrists and generic clothes provided? I forgot these were humans fleeing war.

If we attack Assad, then we also attack his allies - Russia and Iran.

If we go into a ground war against ISIS, then we're up against Saudi, Qatar and UAE. (Hypocritically, they've committed to token involvement in the air campaign, yet continue to channel funding to ISIS.)

In any attack on Assad and ISIS, our main allies are the Kurds, who are currently being bombed by our NATO ally, Turkey.
What a fucked up place the middle east is! :(

It would be even better if we finally stopped pretending the Saudis are our "friends" and rattled the can under their noses.
Better still if we put a fraction of the effort into publicising that it is Saudis who are funding ISIS and are behind the whole concept of the Caliphate. THEN we can start to look at the true picture from a global perspective.

Everyone seems to be beating themselves up because the UK or EU aren't jumping at the beat of the drum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back