"The Conservative party would have us believe that the poor deserve to be punished"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

And Labour did what in their 13 years in office, made it worse.
Yep

More manufacturing jobs were lost under to ury Bliar than thatcher. And we needed up,in more debt despite a period of unparalleled economic growth. All spunked on buying public sector votes

What's that got to do with the price of fish and (more importantly) being to offer an objective assessment of what he said?
It means " fuck off you odius **** "

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-the-poor-deserve-to-be-punished-9768019.html

I don't care who you vote for, but it must be made clear that the tories are not the answer to the problems in Britain today.

What kind of party strives to freeze jobseekers allowance, strip it away altogether from young people (forgetting the enormous employment statistics this age group suffers) and then give away billions in tax cuts to people with wealthy pensions and Middle Class incomes?

They cut, cut, cut and cut, but its achieved nothing and there is still a massive budget deficit over £100 billion. Not even that half of what they started with.

They claimed they would cut net immigration down to 100,000 -- its still at an all time high of 243,000.

You can't trust the tories. Cameron is all style and no substance, all PR. Nothing more.
He's laid a sugar coated pill with the proposed lowering of tax allowances for minimum wage earners. Cameron is smooth, sharp and ruthless and he has totally outmanoeuvred Milliband and Labour. As he did over the Scottish Neverendum.

They did allsorts. But I was addressing your claim that it was Labour's benefits culture. Can you at least accept it was created by Thatcher's anti-consensus/monetarist/anti-union policies?
I accept Thatcher shares part of the blame yes, however Labour enhanced a society of people who didn't want to work by placing them in a position where they are better off sitting on their arse than working in a low paid job.

Do you believe the benefit culture of the last Labour Government should continue?

Don't you think the government have been harsh enough on benefits already?

It caused some poor bloke with epilepsy in Sunderland to hang himself over it man.

I am against a benefit culture and I'm against scroungers too. However, I'd say some people do not have a clue how difficult it can be to find work and that does not equate to a lack of effort from some.

Unemployment has actually rose in the North East rather than fell. The tories economic policies enrich the south and london, but they do not give anything to the North.

The way I see it is that the Conservatives are attempting to end the something for nothing society.

If a person is able to work why shouldn't they contribute to society?

Labour allowed a whole generation to sit on the backsides and see benefits as their God given right.

This was not only a insult to all the tax payers in this country. It was also a betrayal to the unemployed themselves.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't you think the government have been harsh enough on benefits already?

It caused some poor bloke with epilepsy in Sunderland to hang himself over it man.

I am against a benefit culture and I'm against scroungers too. However, I'd say some people do not have a clue how difficult it can be to find work and that does not equate to a lack of effort from some.

Unemployment has actually rose in the North East rather than fell. The tories economic policies enrich the south and london, but they do not give anything to the North.

Your point in bold is a fair point, you could be right however there is perceptional view which is causing the drive to be harsher on the benefit claimants.

The 13 years of enhanced benefits society during Labour took away the sympathy of people who were on benefits and wanted to work, they are now all tarred with the same brush because of the disdain towards people who were/are better off on benefits and don't want to work. Unfairly of course.

Should be people who can't be arsed be helped more, no. Should those who deserve it be helped more, absolutely.

With regards the to lack of funding, that is also true but when you're not in a marginal seat you're just not going to get the rub of the green on that front. On the whole it's Labour and nothing else in the North East, that's served Sunderland well over the years hasn't it....

No, I agree with that. However, if you did not have UKIP (God I wish) and you took their current share in polls of lets say 13% I would bet that would translate into a pretty comfortable lead for the Tories - a disgraceful comment on the current Labour shambles.

Says more about the utter f***ing shambles of a Conservative party, that they've lost 13% of their vote to UKIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back