Things in your house that you remember from when you were a bairn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not the norm but we had a sky dish in my sitting room on a chair,

@peachbum ..................Plumrose plopped ham with chalk ;)

Logon or register to see this image

We always had Pek:

A childhood memory. Greasy sandwiches with meat from a tin during the winter months or egg, tomato and sand on the beach in the summer.

My Grandma used to make ham and tongue sandwiches when we were going over. We used to go over one evening a week after my dad got in from work. To be organised, she used to make them after breakfast and load them on a trolly with wheels ready to bring into the living room when we got there. It was an interesting study into what dried out and curled the most. Would the bread force the meat to curl or would it dry out quicker and leave the bread behind?

Remember me mam's boyfriend bring me and our boy swiss army knives back off his holiday and him getting a bollocking for giving kids knives.

Sure enough within a couple of ours our boy sliced his thumb open.

We always had Pek:

A childhood memory. Greasy sandwiches with meat from a tin during the winter months or egg, tomato and sand on the beach in the summer.

My Grandma used to make ham and tongue sandwiches when we were going over. We used to go over one evening a week after my dad got in from work. To be organised, she used to make them after breakfast and load them on a trolly with wheels ready to bring into the living room when we got there. It was an interesting study into what dried out and curled the most. Would the bread force the meat to curl or would it dry out quicker and leave the bread behind?

Used to love a fried PEK sarnie with brown sauce when I was a bairn. Lush!

had one of these when i was a kid.
and thought i'd still have it to this day as nowt seemed to break it or even scuff it.
jumped it off steps and even the prefabs roof and it was fine.
until one fateful day!.........................
i was climbing on next doors roof and jumped down on to my wash house roof.
and went straight through the asbestos .
mam came out and went properly mental at me!
like when the hulks about to rip his shirt!
anyway............
she opened the wash house door and started shouting at my legs dangling from the ceiling.
i think it's because she couldn't see the remorse on my face that wound her up.
she ran in grabbed me evel knievel and chucked it onto the fire!
not just evel but the revver aswell! and his bike!
even evel couldn't withstand this kind of punnishment.
i watched him burn for a bit and wished me mam dead for the first 3 or 4 mins.
then went outside to see the black smoke bellow from the chimney(its what evel would of wanted)
always the showman!

RIP Evel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back